Sam's Signature Meat Sauce
3 medium Roma tomatoes chopped
1/2 of a yellow onion chopped
1 TBS garlic
1 lbs lean hamburger meat
1 can no salt added tomato sauce
1 can tomato paste
1. In large pan, add small amount of olive oil and let heat for about 1 minute (Don't let it start smoking!)Once oil is heated, add garlic, onion and chopped Romas and saute until soft.
2. Add hamburger meat and cook until done (no longer pink!). Drain off excess oil.
3.Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, and seasonings to taste. Let simmer while pasta cooks.
4. Serve over pasta of your choice (I typically serve over whole wheat linguini or spaghetti).
Southwest Chicken Lettuce Wraps (I will take a picture next time... My kitchen wasn't very pretty this time.
1 chicken breast
1/4 of a large onion chopped fine
1/4 of a jalapeno chopped fine
5 cherry tomatoes quarters
2 baby carrots shredded finely
1 Tbs EVOO
2 Tbs Spicy Italian dressing
1/2 Tbs Fat Free Ranch
Small amount of shredded cheese
1. Boil chicken breast until completely done (no pink in the middle) and shred.
2. In small skillet, heat EVOO for about a minute.
3. Add all veggies and saute until soft.
4. Add chicken and Italian Dressing and heat for around 2 minutes or until chicken is slightly crisy.
5. Place a spoonful of chicken mixture onto romaine lettuce leaf and garnish with cheese and ranch. Feel free to add other garnishes such as fresh jalapeno, avocado, pico de gallo or guacamole.
Baked Sweet Potato Fries
2 Large Sweet Potatoes (cut into wedges or chunks)
1 Tbs EVOO
1 Tsp Season all (I use a BBQ seasoning that James bought from the Belton FFA)
1. Preheat Oven to 400 degrees
2. Toss sweet potatoes, EVOO, and seasoning together until potatoes are evenly coated.
3. Spread evenly in a single layer on a cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
Note: If you want crispier fries, cut the potatoes thin. For softer fries (like I like) leave the slices thicker. I made a dip out of honey bbq sauce and low fat ranch. James likes them plain. How you eat them is completely up to you.
Chipotle Steak Lettuce Wraps
1 lbs Round Steak
1/2 Medium yellow onion
2 TBS EVOO
1 Chipotle Pepper
Season All to taste
1. Heat EVOO over medium heat.
2. Chop onion and chipotle pepper into large pieces and add to oil. Cook until soft.
3. Add Steak to onion mixture and add a small amount of the season all.
4. Cook until steak is no longer pink and serve on a romaine lettuce leaf.
Note: If you want to garnish with other veggies, cheese or dressings, feel free. I personally used a small bit of Mexican blend cheese and some bleu cheese dressing.
Some of these are my own, created completely by me.. Some are borrowed from different places. If I have borrowed a recipe, I will give credit where credit is due.