Friday, March 14, 2014

MS

Afternoon lovely bloggers. Long time no speak...

I'm really happy I still have my blog, because I really need to get some stuff off my chest. Hopefully I will be able to post more often. I need this outlet. 

I'm currently undergoing testing to be diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. I have had 2 MRIs and a lumbar puncture this spring break. 

I have a constant headache and my lower back hurts. My toes are numb and I get random pins and  needles in my feet and hands. I have to pee constantly and sometimes I can't hold it and pee on myself. I'm 24, almost 25 and I am incontinent. 

I'm trying to fight, but I don't have the energy. I want to keep going, but I'm just tired. I want answers. I want to know why. Why me? Why this? Why now? Why can't I have some relief?

I want to be able to do cross fit, kick boxing, hell anything. 

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to read your news. I hope with your diagnosis they have a treatment plan. I am unfortunately not very familiar with MS or how everything works. Let your blog be a place for a healthy outlet to vent and say what you need to. I wish I could say something more helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sammie...I'm so sorry to hear what you're going through. I would want to know all the same things. Please keep us posted; we are here for you and of course wishing you the best. Wish I could give you a hug :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sclerosis usually manifests when you're a teen, so perhaps you've been dealing with back pain for years now? If that's the case, this diagnosis comes at a no better time, as you could now have a cure. You'd have to make do with back braces for a while to straighthen out your back. But at least that way, the pain would go away, or at least be lessened. Get well soon!

    Agnes Lawson @ MedWell Spine, OsteoArthritis & Neuropathy Center

    ReplyDelete