Monday, August 13, 2012

Stress doth not a pretty waistline make...

I've had this post in the Draft category for several days now, trying to decide what kind of whimsy to enlighten my small, but relatively dedicated readership with.. Instead of imparting some random snippet of inspiration or a delicious recipe, I'm going to vent a little bit.. It may not be pretty, it may be less than coherent and it may not be classy, but dammit I need someone to just sit there and listen to me lament and complain.

For those of you that know me personally, know that James is currently without work... He was working for the school as a sub, but that's not cutting the mustard anymore. He needs something full time, preferably with benefits of some sort. It's not happening at the moment. Not at all. He's trying, but it's not happening. The burden of carrying our little 2 person household on the penance that I make monthly is taking its toll on me. I weighed myself this morning and nearly sobbed... I've gained nearly 10 pounds of weight back, thanks to the shit diet of processed crap that we are forced buy, because it's all we can afford. That and the fact that all I want to do is go to bed and sleep.. Sleep and maybe not wake up for a few days.

Between him being jobless, the stress of my job (crap on toast that's a complicated story), and the stress of being completely and utterly poor are taking it's toll on my body. My fingers peel (gross, yes) when I get stressed. The skin literally comes off my fingers in tiny, disgusting sheets. While yes, I do have an extremely mild case of eczema, it's still completely gross that my hands do that.

Don't get preachy and tell me to go for a run or go workout... Just don't.. Yes, it will make me feel better... I don't have the energy to get out of this chair, much less drag my lard around the block a time or two.

There's my rant. Wordy, snarky, and pretty depressing. Hopefully the job fairy will be kind to us soon... That would relieve some of the emptiness I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment