Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Needs vs Wants

I need to:

Sleep more
Eat better
Exercise daily
Love myself and all that I am

I want to:

Feel better
Look better
Be better able to handle my inner (and outer) demons
See myself in the mirror the way everyone else sees me

After examining this list, I've come to the conclusion that my needs are directly related to my wants. All of my wants can be achieved through fulfilling my needs. The most difficult want I'm facing at the moment is the handling of my demons (both interior and exterior). One of those demons is my cravings for completely horrible food. I'm talking my pizza/pasta cravings. I know that a little bit of anything isn't horrible every now and then, but this is the thing I struggle with the most. Sure, you can tell me all this wonderful/inspirational crap about food.. That's great.. However, it feels different for me... I'm a stress eater, a salt craver, and a binge eater of all things starchy. Unhealthy food is my main demon, I just have to figure out how to keep it from killing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment