Monday, February 25, 2013

But what does it all mean??

Good morning everyone! Thank you all for the well wishes this weekend :) With some rest, lots of fluids, and plenty of ZZZs I'm back and in good shape! The only thing I have left of the bronchitis is a little nagging cough, but everything else is long gone.

The title of the post might be a bit confusing at first.. So I will explain here. When I ask that question, I'm referring to the number on the scale. At my urgent care appointment this weekend, I was weighed and found that I was down another 1.3 pounds! Woot! This would bring my total weight to 286.2. Not too shabby, eh?

So yesterday, I went to check on my great-grandma (she has the same crud everyone else does). For S's and G's (sh!ts and giggles for the curious) I stepped on her scale (the one I normally weigh myself on) and 281.4 popped up. Say what, chicken butt? Are you serious? How in de hell did that happen??

I will say that I didn't eat much on Satuday after my appointment. In fact, I ate less than 1200 cals. Bad llama, I know! My Fitness Pal (add me! dramallamaduck) griped at me. I just don't think that would cause a 5 POUND LOSS. That just doesn't compute in my brain. Not to mention, I sat on my kiester all day. How does that happen? I was also VERY well hydrated, so I don't think it was a loss of water.

I'm not putting much stock in that weight. Call it a fluke, faulty scales, whatever. I'll reweigh on Wednesday and see what it says. But what does it all mean? What does that little number even mean anyway? That loss completely blew my mind.

I leave you today with a fantastic picture one of my Facebook friends shared this morning. Sums up the journey quite nicely, methinks.


Until nextime blogoshpere!

-Sammie

P.S. I'm linked up today with Alex from Operation Skinny Jeans!

2 comments:

  1. Good job! That's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the loss! Both of them :) You will see 281 again before you know it! Thanks for linking up with us! And thanks for the shout out :) I am your newest follower :D

    www.operationskinnyjeans.com

    ReplyDelete