Thursday, March 21, 2013

Explanations and Non-Scale Victories

First of all.. If I offended anyone with my comments regarding boobies yesterday, please accept my most sincere apologies... It was not my intention at all and everything posted yesterday was done in the name of humor (or personal experience). In middle school, the tiny girls would make fun of me for having boobs bigger than everyone else. It even got to the point where there were rumors of implants or me doing something to make them grow. That is where the comments about the itty, bitty, titty committee came into play. Have a C or D cup at 13 is ZERO fun and I still shudder when I think of some of the awful things my "friends" would say to me. I shouldn't have said some of the things I did. My apologies.

Now it's time for another NSV Link Up! The purpose of this link up is to celebrate your victories over the week that have nothing to do with that number the scale shows you. As always, this link up is hosted by Lex over at  Life By Lex and Katie over at KTJ Weighing In. If you don't follow these beautiful ladies yet, I highly recommend it! Wonderful reads!

button


I can't really say that I have any big NSVs this week. Quite frankly, I've been a snotty, snarky heifer... I'm not sleeping like I should. My mind is going a mile a minute. I'm craving things that are terrible for me and rolling my eyes at anything healthy. I can't even really concentrate on getting a good run in...

I suppose my victory for the week is that I haven't given in to my cravings... My friend in OK was talking to me last night about McDonalds. So today I want me a 20 piece chicken nuggets, large friends and a sweet tea. I won't give in to the want, but that's what I want.

A big part of my victory this week I'm guessing has more to do with mental fitness than physical fitness. It is a real testament that I haven't thrown in my towel and said "screw it." Historically, this time comes with almost EVERYTHING I've set out to do.... Everything... I have an issue with commitment. Did I really just admit that? Am I really so afraid of success that I sabotage myself into failure?

Until next time blogosphere... Stay sane...

-Sammie

6 comments:

  1. Don't give in. You can do it! It is a huge mental game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl I am visiting again from the link-up. Keeping your head in the game is one of the toughest parts of this whole weightloss thing, I would call this a HUGE NSV!! Keep it up, you can do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay strong! I know how hard it can be to resist those cravings, but stay strong! Your body will thank you later!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not giving in to cravings is huge! Definitely be proud of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm visiting from the link up. I believe everyone has a struggle to cope with food cravings. It's a good thing you deal well with it. Good job!

    Blessings,
    -Honeybee
    http://herweightlossdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete