Thursday, April 11, 2013

Non Scale Victories! Galveston Island Style

button

Good morning from the beautiful Galveston Island! Yesterday was pure insanity. I love all the kids that I'm traveling with.. They are an amazing, diverse group of young adults.

Our hotel is maybe 25 yards from the gulf. It's so beautiful. Except for the seagulls... Foul beasts.. I hate seagulls.. They are the bane of my existence!

My victory is a little bit bass-ackwards for today.. Yesterday, I let myself have an all out, no holds barred cheat day. From breakfast to dinner, I let myself go insane. And guess what? I don't feel bad about it. I'm back on healthy eating today (maybe except for that bagel, but whatevs) and I'm going to visit the fitness center tonight. My leg is feeling much better, so I think all I needed was a real cheat day. Just a day of vacation-esque break.

Today the kids from the Biomedical Debate Team have testing and we are set to attend the opening ceremonies tonight at 7:30pm. Then on Friday our PSA team competes and the Biomedical Debate team will get to debate if their test scores are in the top half of the competitors. Friday we are also planning on going to Pleasure Pier on Friday night! I'm really excited!

I've made sure to attach pictures from yesterday. I'll make sure to take lots of pictures today, we're going to the beach! I think we may also be going to the Rainforest Café for dinner tonight! I'm really excited :)

It's too early for this shit...


Love these kids!


Must have a picture in the funny hats


Mocha Almond Fudge... Coffee, Chocolate and Nuts.. Damn



Finally on the Island! The weather was terrible!



Pigtails... The only way to tame the beastly fro..


Foul beasts! EFFIN SEAGULLS!!


It was misty, windy, and damp.. But I love the beach!

10 comments:

  1. I found your blog through the link-up. So jealous that you live by the beach! Right now, it's raining and crummy and non beachy :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't live there :) Just visiting! However I would LOVE to move there! Beach take me away!

      Delete
  2. You know I believe in cheats and its the only way to keep you sane! I hate those rats with wings, too!!
    Have fun,
    Laurie
    Lulu and Daisy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I needed the rest and cheat... Days... It was a very rejuvenatiing vacay!

      Delete
  3. I really don't think that cheat days are a bad thing! You have your day and you get on with it! As long as you don't let the cheat day turn into a cheat week...or month...or year...it's fine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It turned into a cheat vacation unfortunately... I'm ok with it thought. I'm back on things and ready to go!

      Delete
  4. I don't think cheat days are bad, I think we all need them some days. We can't always be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! I needed the break... And the fries :)

      Delete
  5. Allowing yourself to some indulgence once in a while is not bad thing. That's because it allows your body to take a rest from the plan. Enjoy your day!

    -Honeybee
    http://herweightlossdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete