Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Spring Training Link Up: Boston Thoughts

button

Good morning loves... It's Tuesday, which means it's time for the Spring Training Link Up. As a special link up today, Katie has given us the option to reflect on the Boston tragedy. Since I really have nothing to update as far as my training (I've been a complete lazy bum resting since I hurt my calf and have just been walking), so I figure it's time to sort through some of the emotions I'm feeling about Boston...

This is one of those things where I feel like I will always remember where I was when I heard the news. I have a couple of these events in my life that have stuck in my memory.

The first major event I remember is the Branch Davidian Compound in Waco burning... I was 4. I remember seeing the building burning on TV in the waiting room of a doctor's office. Mom was in for one of her pre-natal checks with my brother. The TV was huge and I'd never seen a fire that big. I don't remember a whole lot else, but I remember the building.

The second is of course, 9/11... I was in the 7th grade. We had just switched from 1st to 2nd period. It was my math class... We thought it was odd that our teacher had her TV on in the room. I'll never forget watching that... I don't think I moved from my seat the whole morning. My class watched the towers fall on live TV.

Yesterday I was just settling in to the Business Management class that I was subbing for. I got the news from my ESPN App first, then 10 seconds later a text from my mom. Very sad..

My only thoughts towards this entire happening... I hope they catch and prosecute whoever is responsible for this gutless, cowardly and vile act. I don't care who did it, I don't care what their motives were, I don't give a shit about any of that. Catch the bastards and hold them responsible.

P.S. I do feel the need to whore myself a little... Follow me on instagram!! Just look for fromchunkytofunky! 

6 comments:

  1. I love that after your heartfelt anger and emotion that you got a laugh out of me by whoring yourself around. Thanks! Much needed and appreciated!
    Laurie
    Lulu and Daisy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can always count on me for a little whoring! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm with Laurie - I was moved by your and right there with you on your anger and then LOLd about Instagram ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What can I say? I try :) I'm addicted to making people laugh :)

      Delete
  3. I agree with the above comments! Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete